🇨🇳 🎬 🧱 This Gutenberg block allows for embedding a video in a WordPress post or page. If the user who views the page is in China, a different video will show from users in the rest of the world. This is to appropriately deal with China’s Internet wall which blocks YouTube and other video platforms.
For more information on how to develop this block, please see the github repo.
Denne utvidelsen gir 1 blokk.
- China Video Block
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/china-video-blockdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->China Video Block screen to set the IPInfo.io token
- Insert the block into a post or page.
Bidragsytere og utviklere
“China Video Block” er programvare med åpen kildekode. Følgende personer har bidratt til denne utvidelsen.Bidragsytere
Fixes PHP Notice «Trying to access array offset on value of type bool»
WordPress 5.8 compatibility
- loads the front-end script using wp_enqueue_script() only when the block is present on the page
- fixed the ver number on the script so that the block doesn’t keep breaking
- added a browser-busting version querystring for the front.js file so that browsers download the new file when it updates
- added compiled build file
- rewrite of the code to favor the China video; the problem was that, when favoring the non-China video, it would produce a failed request for users in China since it was loaded on page load before being changed to the China video
- when the ipinfo call produces and error, no cookie value is now set so that the call can be tried again during a subsequent page load
- First release