This is the long description. No limit, and you can use Markdown (as well as in the following sections).
For backwards compatibility, if this section is missing, the full length of the short description will be used, and
A few notes about the sections above:
- «Contributors» is a comma separated list of wordpress.org usernames
- «Tags» is a comma separated list of tags that apply to the plugin
- «Requires at least» is the lowest version that the plugin will work on
- «Tested up to» is the highest version that you’ve successfully used to test the plugin. Note that it might work on
higher versions… this is just the highest one you’ve verified.
Stable tag should indicate the Subversion «tag» of the latest stable version, or «trunk,» if you use
Note that the
readme.txtof the stable tag is the one that is considered the defining one for the plugin, so
/trunk/readme.txtfile says that the stable tag is
4.3, then it is
/tags/4.3/readme.txtthat’ll be used
for displaying information about the plugin. In this situation, the only thing considered from the trunk
is the stable tag pointer. Thus, if you develop in trunk, you can update the trunk
readme.txtto reflect changes in
your in-development version, without having that information incorrectly disclosed about the current stable version
that lacks those changes — as long as the trunk’s
readme.txtpoints to the correct stable tag.
If no stable tag is provided, it is assumed that trunk is stable, but you should specify «trunk» if that’s where
you put the stable version, in order to eliminate any doubt.
A brief Markdown Example
- Some feature
- Another feature
- Something else about the plugin
- something else
- third thing
Markdown uses email style notation for blockquotes and I’ve been told:
Asterisks for emphasis. Double it up for strong.
<?php code(); // goes in backticks ?>
A question that someone might have
An answer to that question.
What about foo bar?
Answer to foo bar dilemma.
Det er ingen omtaler av denne utvidelsen.
Bidragsytere og utviklere
“Delivery Area” er programvare med åpen kildekode. Følgende personer har bidratt til denne utvidelsen.Bidragsytere
- A change since the previous version.
- Another change.
- List versions from most recent at top to oldest at bottom.