Doofinder provides fast, accurate results based on your website contents. Results appear in your search box at an incredible speed as the user types.
This extension allows you to easily populate the data Doofinder needs to be able to search your database and to insert the Doofinder layer script into your WordPress site.
With Doofinder you are confident that your visitors are finding what they are looking for.
These are some advantages of using Doofinder in your site:
- Instant, relevant results.
- Tolerant of misspellings.
- Search filters.
- Increases the conversion rates.
- No technical knowledge are required.
- Allows the use of labels and synonyms.
- Installs in minutes.
- Provides statistical information.
- Doofinder brings back the control over the searches in your site to you.
When users start typing in the search box, Doofinder displays the best results for their search. If users make typos, our algorithms will detect them and will perform the search as if the term were correctly typed.
Furthermore, Doofinder sorts the results displaying the most relevant first.
More info: http://www.doofinder.com
Important: To use this plugin you need to have an account at Doofinder. If you don’t have one you can signup here to get your 30 day free trial period.
The minimum technical equirements are basically the same as the WordPress ones. Take a look at their server requirements for more info.
Once activated, you will see a new entry in the main menu called Doofinder with two sub-menus:
- Doofinder: To access the main settings page of the module.
- Index Posts: To access the indexing wizard.
NOTICE: Doofinder for WordPress has built-in support for WPML and PolyLang multi-language plugins. In case you use any of them, ensure you’ve switched context to one of the defined languages. In All Languages context you won’t be able to configure anything. You will have to configure as many search engines as languages you have in your site.
- API Key: This is the secret token you use to index contents (in ML environments you can share the same key). Your API key can be found in the Doofinder Control Panel. Click on your profile name (in the header) and then on API Keys. Make sure you’re using a Management API key and not a Search API key.
- Search Engine HashID: Id of the search engine that will index your contents. Can be found in the Doofinder Control Panel. Click on Search Engines in the header. Hash ID will be visible next to the name of your Search Engine. Remember to use different search engines for different languages if you’re in a ML environment.
- Post Types: Choose which contents you want to index.
- Internal Search: Internal search overrides the default WordPress search that happens when users enter their search term and press Enter (and the website goes to the search results page).
IMPORTANT: Unless you know what you’re doing, it’s recommended to index contents first and, after the indexing process is finished, enable this option. If you switch the order, your site may return no results until something is indexed.
This section allows you to reindex all your contents. Just press the button and wait until it finishes. You will have to do this for each language if you’re in a ML environment.
IMPORTANT: Unless you know what you’re doing, it’s recommended to disable internal search when reindexing contents and, after the indexing process is finished, re-enable it. If you switch the order, your site may return no results until something is indexed.
IMPORTANT: Don’t leave the Index Posts screen until the process finished or your data won’t be fully indexed.
Important: If you’re upgrading to v0.4.x or greater from v0.3.x or lower, deactivate the plugin and activate again to migrate settings.
Doofinder installation and activation is made as in any other plugin.
These are two ways you can install the plugin:
- In the WordPress admin panel go to Plugins / Add New. Click «Upload Plugin». Choose the *.zip file containing the plugin, and click «Install Now». or…
- Unpack the contents of the *.zip file containing the plugin to the plugins folder. In the typical WordPress installation that will be «/wp-contents/plugins» folder.
I entered wrong authentication data and indexing failed: now I can’t change settings!
If you reload the Index Posts screen you should see two buttons: Resume and Cancel. Press Cancel to stop the indexing process, go back to the settings page and fix any wrong data before trying to index posts again.
I have any other problem with your plugin. What can I do?
Just send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to answer as fast as possible with a working solution for you.
Bidragsytere og utviklere
“Doofinder” er programvare med åpen kildekode. Følgende personer har bidratt til denne utvidelsen.Bidragsytere
- Add sanitization of html before index
- Remove internal search option
- Fix post id not restoring index after failure
- Added release automation
- Minor bugfixes.
- Added portfolio_categories to the feed indexation
- Add excerpt field for any indexable post types.
- Fix indexation problems while replacing the temp index.
- Fix bad indexing parameters and fixes in error escape
- Fix scape in API HOST
- Fix index error
- Fix some error catches.
- Improvements in api calls
- Fix problem with id format sending data to API v2.
- Try to migrate settings automatically.
- Index data through Doofinder Management API v2.
- Fix problem with debug mode in ML.
- Add option to index even with WP_DEBUG enabled.
- Reset if processing is in progress and there are errors in configuration.
- Prevent deleting all types from Doofinder when indexing, delete only those managed by the module.
- Fixed a bug that made search results sometimes leak into menus.
- Fixed incompatibilities with other plugins when saving preferences.
- Refactoring of the Admin UI.
- Index tags, categories and custom attributes.
- Enable loading the layer script from Doofinder.
Updated Doofinder Library to the latest version.
Post date is indexed for all data types.
First usable version.