Adds three widgets – “Text/List”, “Text/List (If Logged In)” and “Text/List (Not Logged In)”. These can be used much like the normal Text widget, except two of them only display if the condition is met.
* Add a link to a Register page, along with some text promoting registration (for example on a site with the bbPress plugin)
* Display adverts to users who are not logged in
* Display useful links to users who are logged in.
* Display a nice list to everyone.
Because the widgets are separate, you can have the logged-in widget in a different place to a logged-out widget. You don’t even have to have pairs of widgets.
Unlike the normal Text widget which just has a toggle for paragraph on/off, this widget has four display options:
- No formatting
- Add paragraphs
- Bullet list (ul)
- Numbered list (ol)
The list options are useful if you are adding a number of links – simply add each one on a new line and they’ll be turned into a bullet. Please note that this plugin adds no CSS. Often themes style the lists within a widget to make menus look nice, so your theme may (for example) prevent numbers from showing. See FAQ.
You may find that the Text/List widget is useful even without the logged-in / logged-out conditional.
There isn’t much to do.
/wp-content/plugins/directory (or install via Add Plugins – search for Logged In Conditional Text Widget or author Paul Gregory)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Widgets where you’ll see three new widgets: «Text/List (If Logged In)”, «Text/List (Not Logged In)”, “Text/List”.
- Add and configure widget instances in the normal way.
- You may need to tweak your theme’s CSS to get numbered lists to show as desired. See FAQ. The UL and OL have a class of ‘textlistconditional’ which you can target if required.
- Why doesn’t my numbered list have numbers?
Most likely, your theme is overriding the default styling of the LI (list item) element so that the number/bullet is hidden. This plugin does not include any CSS. However, the UL and OL have a class of ‘textlistconditional’ which you can target if required in your theme’s CSS.
- What about internationalisation?
All text strings are in the pgloggedintext domain. If you’d like to submit a translation, please do.
Bidragsytere og utviklere
“Logged In Conditional Text Widget” er programvare med åpen kildekode. Følgende personer har bidratt til denne utvidelsen.Bidragsytere
Oversett “Logged In Conditional Text Widget” til ditt språk.
Interessert i utvikling?
Bla gjennom koden, sjekk ut SVN-repositoriet, eller abonner på utviklingsloggen med RSS.
- Readme changes
- Logged in and Logged Out reuse same widget code, actually from the new third type which is a text widget without conditions.
- Shows title in editor when widget minimised
- Some labelling changes, e.g. now “Text/List”.
- Allows shortcodes
- Class on the UL and OL to assist CSS targeting
- Bugfix release (2014).
- First release (2011)