Optionally the plugin can be disabled for logged in users.
It is impossible to keep people from stealing images that appear in web pages, but this plugin will deter casual theft from surfers who do not want to interpret HTML or dig into the browser cache.
Smart Phone support is hit or miss. Some web pages rely very much on clickable images and this suppresses some actions, so if an image is large enough to fill a screen, the page may not be able to scroll. It depends very much on your WordPress theme and how it displays images.
Images uploaded via the WordPress Media uploader will open in a window if clicked. The image will not be protected, so be sure to indicate that there should be no action if the image is clicked at the time you upload the image.
The plugin no longer tries to replace images with a dummy image. This method hardly ever worked and broke many web pages. If you want to go back, the 2.5 version may be available in the WordPress archive.
Please buy one of my books and give it a good review. I worked hard on these books, and they are worth reading.
My Author Page at Amazon
= Rate the Plugin =
This plugin is free and I expect nothing in return. Please rate the plugin at: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/no-right-click-images-plugin/
Buy my book
If you wish to support my programming, buy my book:
https://www.facebook.com/BlogsEye/ : Error Message Eyes: A Programmer’s Guide to the Digital Soul
- I am a contributor to https://wordpress.org/plugins/astounding-spam-prevention which is a very powerful anti spam plugin.
- I have also written https://wordpress.org/plugins/open-in-new-window-plugin which forces external links to open in a new window.
- Download the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
I click on an image to open it and then I can save it
When you added the image to WordPress you specified this behavior. When you insert an image you have to specify that you don’t want to have a click on the image open the image. It is up to you to protect your images by not opening the image on a click.
If you are able to click on an image to display the image in a new window, it is then outside of WordPress and can’t be protected.
I have a Slideshow or Gallery and users can right click on the images in the gallery.
Bidragsytere og utviklere
“No Right Click Images Plugin” er programvare med åpen kildekode. Følgende personer har bidratt til denne utvidelsen.Bidragsytere
Interessert i utvikling?
- Tested under WordPress 6.2
- Tested on 5.7 version of WordPress.
- Tested on 5.4 version of WordPress.
- Added right click enable for admins only option.
- Removed background image checking for IOS. Seems to break everything.
- made IOS processing default to off for new installations.
- Added a CSS option for IOS to suppress the context menu on long presses and selects.
- Reworked the get_options method to remove redundancies.
- Fixed Option initialization
- Major rewrite of the plugin loading method.
- Added alternate replacement image url for webmasters who don’t like the o-slash
- Added an option to turn off IOS Android events that screwed up some web sites.
- Added an extra Security check on plugin load.
- Added support for longclick and touch interface for android and ipad/iphone.
- Changed the default so that logged in users cannot copy images. Too many people tested the plugin without checking the settings and assumed that the plugin was broken. They did not read the documentation, try the settings, or check the WordPress forums. I am sorry that I had to do this, but users were indicating on the WordPress plugin page that it didn’t work.
- Added option so that logged in users are allowed to copy images. Disables the plugin for logged in users. Captured copy to clipboard events to prevent another way of copying in some browsers. Fixed a problem in image replacement that prevented an image from being restored when another image was right clicked before the image times out.
- Backed out click check on images because it broke galleries. I left it in as an option if you want to change the code.
- Disabled links to local images (png, gif, jpg) in wp-content, preventing them from opening in a new window. This would allow these images to be saved or copied.
- initial release