This plugin embeds JonDesign’s SmoothGallery into your posts and pages.
It’s this simple:
- upload some pictures to a post/page
- use the shortcode «smoothgallery»
- add a custom field named «smoothgallery» with some options
- watch your gallery 😉
There’re a lot more possibilities with this plugin. Please have a more
detailed look at it and don’t hesitate to leave a
if you’d like to suggest a feature, need help with the plugin or just
want to say how cool this is 😉
This plugin is released under the GPL.
- Unzip the plugin into your wp-content/plugins directory and activate it
- Integrate it into a post or your theme.
- The visual editor replaces div-tags with p-tags
If you’re using the visual editor the div-tags may be replaced with
p-tags. To keep the markup intact you should disable the visual editor
if you’d like to edit a post/page that contains a SmoothGallery.
To do this, go to Users -> Your profile and uncheck «Use the visual
editor when writing». Once you’ve saved and published the post/page you
can activate the visual editor again – but make sure to disable it again
if you want to change a post that contains a SmoothGallery.
- The SmoothGallery doesn’t show up in Internet Explorer
SmoothGallery doesn’t seem to work with Internet Explorer if you use Prototype on your site.
Read about a solution here.
Basically you’ll have to make sure that you don’t use Prototype and
SmoothGallery on the same site or at least embed the SmoothGallery
inside an iFrame.
- What about integrating it into my theme?
Read about this here.
Det er ingen omtaler av denne utvidelsen.
Bidragsytere og utviklere
“SmoothGallery” er programvare med åpen kildekode. Følgende personer har bidratt til denne utvidelsen.Bidragsytere
Oversett “SmoothGallery” til ditt språk.
Interessert i utvikling?
Bla gjennom koden, sjekk ut SVN-repositoriet, eller abonner på utviklingsloggen med RSS.
- Added a translation for the Ukrainian language (thanks to GetVoIP)
- Bugfix regarding the SmoothGallery link that can be added to individual images in the media library.
- Updated TimThumb (2.8.10 -> 2.8.13)
- Bugfix in the
config.php(thanks to Davide).
- Updated TimThumb to the most recent version (2.8.10) due to security issues with the old variant.
- Added a translation for the Romanian language (thanks to Web Hosting Geeks)
- Fixed minor bug that could occur when one used the
idattribute in the shortcode which pulled images from a certain post and extracted the special SmoothGallery link that one might add to images.
- Removed empty lines at the end of most PHP files which might cause issues resulting in Header already sent messages.
- Updated TimThumb to the most recent version (2.8) due to security issues with the old variant.
- Compatibility with WordPress 2.8. If you don’t use 2.8 yet you don’t have to update the plugin.
- Fixed bug with thumbnails that weren’t generated if the cache directory wasn’t writeable
- Compressed fleche1.png, fleche2.png and open.png
- It’s possible to order the images now (thanks to Jelte Liebrand)
- You can add custom links to the images via the media edit screen. Those are used as links in the gallery.
- Content of the iFrame should be valid XHTML 1.0 Strict now.
- Background color of iFrame can be customized (use «iframebgcolor» in shortcode)
- Automatic scaling of images can be enabled, i.e. carousel finaly works.
- i18n: en, de
- Widget can now use images from a directory
- Recent images box feature has a widget now
- Show your images from Flickr or Picasa
- You can use images from a custom directory now, i.e. you don’t have to upload the images with WordPress but just to your webserver.
- Randomize the order of the images on every pageload with just one switch (use ‘randomize=1’ along with the shortcode).
- Some bugfixes
- Bugfix for images with alternative size, i.e. thumbnails.
- It’s now possible to change the transitions between images.
- Small bugfix (forgot configuration for ReMooz and images)
- Added version 2.1beta1 and ReMooz; activate it in the config.php.
- Bugfix (compatibility with WordPress 2.7)
- Bugfix (finding the thumbnails might not work in some occasions)
- Bugfix (allow_call_time_pass_reference)
- Added a widget that you can use in your sidebar. You can customize them individually and add as many of them as you like.
- Enhanced available attributes indide an iFrame (shortcode)
- Bugfix (utils.php wasn’t included at the right spot)
- Support for SmoothGallery inside an iFrame, i.e. you can have many galleries on a single page. Furthermore you can use scripts like Prototype.js or jQuery that are known to be incompatible with SmoothGallery on your page because they won’t interfere with SmoothGallery any more
- Enhanced support for thumbnails generated with the Media Library
- Introduced a Shortcode («smoothgallery») that automatically generates the markup for the gallery
- Recent-images-box now uses a Shortcode too
- You can use every option offered by SmoothGallery in the custom field now (comment)
- With help of the Media Library we don’t have to generate the thumbnails (comment)
- Overall code cleanup
- Successfully tested with WP 2.6.2 (comment)
- It’s possible to specify the color of the border for the gallery.
- The custom configuration resides in a spearate file («config.php») now to ease updating.
- A new feature called «recent images box» picks up the images that are attached to the most recent posts and generates a SmoothGallery for you. Read about this here.
- If you attach images to a post/page the markup will be generated for you. Have a look at the «SmoothGallery» box under «Advanced Options» on the edit screen. Check out this video.