The SparkPost email delivery service offers best in class deliverability to ensure your mail hits the inbox, live analytics to review, track and optimize your email activities, as well as highest performance when you need it most: always.
When the SparkPost plugin is enabled, all outgoing email from your WordPress installation is sent through your SparkPost service. From within the SparkPost UI or SparkPost EU UI, you can then watch your campaigns unfold live by tracking your engagement metrics, learn what your audience responds to and even integrate more deeply with your app using the SparkPost API.
– PHP 7.0 or later
– WordPress 5.5 or later
Option 1: Install using the WordPress Admin Panel:
- From your WordPress site’s Admin Panel go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Enter ‘sparkpost’ in the Search Plugins text field and hit Enter.
- Your search results will include a plugin named SparkPost.
- Click the Install Now button to install the SparkPost plugin.
- Upon successful installation, the SparkPost plugin will appear in Plugins -> Installed Plugins.
- Finally, click Activate Plugin to activate your new plugin.
Option 2: Install manually:
- Download the plugin zip file by clicking on the Download button on this page.
- Unzip the plugin zip file into your WordPress plugins directory (usually
- In the WordPress Admin Panel, go to the Plugins page. In the list, you should see your new SparkPost plugin.
- Click Activate to activate your new plugin.
Upon successful activation, SparkPost will appear on the Settings menu in the WordPress Admin Panel. Click on Settings -> SparkPost to open the SparkPost plugin configuration page and complete setup.
What do I need to start using this plugin?
You’ll need to create an account on SparkPost.com and then generate an API Key with Send via SMTP and Transmission Read/Write permissions. Creating an account is completely free. Visit SparkPost to signup (https://app.eu.sparkpost.com/ for EU).
How do I create an API key?
Follow this tutorial for creating an API key. Remember: your API key must have Send via SMTP and Transmission Read/Write permissions to be usable by this plugin.
How do I get further help?
Visit plugin’s official issue tracker and create new issue, if appropriate.
Bidragsytere og utviklere
“SparkPost” er programvare med åpen kildekode. Følgende personer har bidratt til denne utvidelsen.Bidragsytere
- Fixed fatal error PHPMailer\Exception not found (163)
- Fixed undefined property warning when logging subject (160)
- Fixed broken SparkPost logo on settings page (157)
- Fixed parsing of headers and addressed class-phpmailer.php deprecation notice (for HTTP) (156)
- Fixed invalid data format/type bug (153)
- Tested up to WordPress v5.5.0
- Add support for EU hostnames (141)
- Avoid db checking if email logging is not enabled
- Improved UI
- (Optional) Email logging support for better debugging
- Template validation with mailer
- Allow string attachment (133)
- Tested up to WordPress v4.9.4
- Fix error with older php version (#113)
- Support attachments in template (#97). Add
Templates: Read/Writepermission to API Key for this to work!
- Tested in WordPress v4.7.3
- Fix sending email with sandbox (#109)
- Fix the issue to use template hook when not set in settings (#95)
- Clarify attachment can’t be sent with template and include workaround example (#96)
- Include attachment in test email
- Add plugin name to XMailer (for SMTP)
- Tested in WordPress v4.7.2
- Tested in WordPress v4.7.1
- Handle multiple recipients correctly
- Fix getting started link
- Send assoc array to
- Fix Reply-To header issue with WordPress 4.6
- Add supports for CC and BCC using HTTP API
- Fixed issue #33 where from email and reply to were being overridden by templates: see this article for detailed information
- Fix issue for previous version of WordPress
- Add template field for selecting a SparkPost template when using HTTP API
- Allow substituion of Subject, From name in HTTP API
- Replaced anonymous function for compatibility with older versions of PHP
- Enable/disable tracking option
- Add support for Reply-To in HTTP Mailer
- Fix email content type problem
- Support sending using HTTP API
- UI Tweak
- Hide API Key from UI
- Misc code improvements
- Support alternate port
- Use filter to set sender info
- Clearer settings panel
- Update copy
- Richer plugin settings error messages and help text, TLS now permanently enabled
- Shortened the plugin name to just SparkPost, added more readme copy, renamed ‘SMTP password’ setting to ‘API key’
- Add link to
Settingsin plugins list page
- Add support for sending test email
- Add support for enable/disable sending via SparkPost
- Initial version