Plugin for specifying which thumbnail to use for links liked/shared on Facebook.
Get a media attached to the first post it can find
- Use featured thumbnail when available
- Use one of the media attached, when available
- Fallbacks to the default image (like a logo which can be specified in settings)
Filters are available if you want to shortcircuit the logic or want to add yours.
It just works! If it doesn’t work for you, let me know by creating an issue here – https://github.com/ashfame/facebook-like-thumbnail/issues
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Settings are in Setting > Facebook Like Thumbnail
- How do I change the default image to be used?
Go to Settings > Facebook Like Thumbnail and enter URL to the default image you would like to use
- When is the default image used?
When plugin can’t figure out the image to use in any context, then it will use the default image.
- Is it possible to add my own logic or shortcircuit existing logic?
Yes! Take a look at plugin’s source code, pretty easy to hack away! 🙂
- Why does it still show an incorrect thumbnail?
Facebook will update it for all the pages within 24hrs. If you want to refresh for a particular page manually, then you can use the Linter tool – https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lint/
Det er ingen omtaler av denne utvidelsen.
Bidragsytere og utviklere
“Like Thumbnail” er programvare med åpen kildekode. Følgende personer har bidratt til denne utvidelsen.Bidragsytere
- Use of WP Media library to specify default thumbnail image
- Added support for attachment page view
- Better way of checking for attached featured thumbnail
- Fixed a bug with retrieving attachments correctly
- Check minimum WordPress version compatibility
- Enhancements in architecture
- Query fix when attachments are scanned for current singular item (post/page etc)
- Minor fixes
- Complete rewrite with better architecture and the ability to plug in custom logic for figuring out media image
- Switched to FB recommended meta tag og:image
- Use featured thumbnails if they exist, with a fallback to first image in the post & then the default one
- Frontpage & Search page uses the default image
- Added options page to enter default image URL, no more plugin editing required
- Deleting the plugin via WordPress dashboard will uninstall the saved data in the database
- Now supports Nextgen gallery when not using the slideshow mode (and hopefully similar ones too)
- Plugin now requires atleast WordPress 2.7 to run
- Basic plugin! Edit required for changing the default fallback image