The uploads directory is where the files of the WordPress library are stored. Unfortunelty, this directory is not protected. A person who wants to see all your library could list it instantly going to : http://yourwebsite/wp-content/uploads . This plugin will hide the content by adding an index.php file on the root of your uploads directory or by setting an htaccess which will return a 403 error (Forbidden Access).
- Depending on your server setting, the htaccess option could be disabled.
Available languages :
- Italian (thanks to Marko97)
For support, please visit protect uploads plugin
protect-uploadsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Note : GD library is needed and being able to create a .htaccess file in uploads directory.
You can ask question and read documentation at protect uploads plugin
Bidragsytere og utviklere
“Protect uploads” er programvare med åpen kildekode. Følgende personer har bidratt til denne utvidelsen.Bidragsytere
- Initial release
- Add security check to form in admin page.
- Add sidebar for admin page
- Add Italian translation (thanks to Marko97).
- Try to fix the wrong message saying that Protection is disabled eventhough it is actually working.
- Simplify UI admin.
- check presence of index.html.
- Remove option value managing current protection status.
- Reorganizing code and making it more modular and simple.
- Remove useless pieces.