The PulseMaps plugin visualizes your site visitors’ locations on the world map. The plugin includes a map widget which you place on the pages you want to track. The areas where you get the most visitors are shown with a lighter color. The most recent visitors are show as flashing dots on the map. The total number of visits is also shown.
Simply drop the widget on your blog’s sidebar. The map widget will work as a form of “social proof” : your visitors see that your blog is being read by people all over the world. This makes your blog instantly more trustworthy–who would trust a blog nobody reads? With this widget, you show readers that your site DOES get visitors. As an added bonus, the map just looks pretty dang cool!
Click on the widget to get to a detail page sporting a huge map which can be freely zoomed and panned, along with other interesting details and statistics.
The widget size and colors are fully customizable; you can choose any colors and size you wish on the admin panel.
- Map widget shows visitors in real time
- Customizable map widget size and colors
- Click on map to open a large map with more details and statistics
- Works on all popular browsers
- Lightweight plugin (does not need a lot of disk space)
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Register your site on the ‘Settings’ / ‘PulseMaps’ menu in WordPress
- What browsers does the widget support?
The widget has been tested to work on all major browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera, as well as mobile Safari and the Android browser.
- What PHP versions are supported?
PHP 5 is required.
Bidragsytere og utviklere
“PulseMaps Visitor World Map” er programvare med åpen kildekode. Følgende personer har bidratt til denne utvidelsen.Bidragsytere
Interessert i utvikling?
- Bug fixes.
- Not released.
- Bug fixes to registration process.
- Widget no longer required on page to track page views.
- The curl PHP extension is no longer required.
- Use the [pulsemaps] shortcode to embed a big map on a page or post.
- Site name and URL on map details page updated automatically.
- Further fixes.
- Cross-browser fixes to signup process.
- Creating/signing in to a PulseMaps account now required (so we can
provide better support and reduce abuse and fraud).
- Fix «Open map details page in new window» setting to work.
- Fix widget text settings to actually work.
- Option to choose between visitor count and date, visitor count only, or no text in widget.
- Page views from logged in users are now automatically excluded.
- Help users find the settings page on first use.
- Improved reliability in process to upgrade to paid plan.
- Link to the map details page is fixed.
- Load widget asynchronously (so it doesn’t interrupt loading the rest of the page).
- Real-time dots for recent visitors.
- Visit counter and date.
- Fixed issue with multisite/network installations.
- Support for transparent background in map widget.
- Option for opening map detail page in a new window.
- Warn user if tracking not enabled.
- Warn user about unsaved changes on settings page.
- Support for upgrading to VIP plan (keep history, higher page view limit, tracking without widget)
- Clickable map widget opens large map view which can be freely zoomed and panned.
- Text link removed.
- Limits documented.
- Tested on WordPress 3.2
- Fixed some issues on first install.
- Fixed readme.
- Fully customizable widget width and colors.
- Initial upload.