Reviews Plus is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to manage and display your customers reviews for products, services or any other type of content. It can be activated for any WordPress page, post or custom post type.
Reviews Plus will replace the comments for selected post type. This lets you take advantage of WordPress built in functionality like reviews moderation, spam, trash with the same interface without mixing the comments and reviews.
Each post type has separate reviews admin page.
eCommerce Product Catalog compatible
If you are also looking for a product catalog, look no more and choose eCommerce Product Catalog. It is fully compatible with Reviews Plus plugin.
Reviews Plus will replace the default WooCommerce reviews.
Built with WordPress
Reviews Plus is build with WordPress functions to provide maximum compatibility with other plugins. It takes advantage of WordPress comment system.
Reviews Summary in SERP for organic SEO
Reviews Plus rating summary is fully compatible with Google guidance in order to show up in the results.
User Friendly Design
Reviews Plus has fully responsive design.
Display Reviews with a Shortcode
You can show the reviews automatically on every page or use a shortcode: [reviews]
- WordPress 3.5 or greater
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of Reviews Plus, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “Reviews Plus” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found Reviews Plus plugin you can view details about it such as the the rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked if you’re sure you want to install the plugin. Click yes and WordPress will automatically complete the installation.
The manual installation method involves downloading our reviews plugin and uploading it to your web-server via your favourite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
If on the off-chance you do encounter issues with the plugin pages after an update you simply need to flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting ‘save’. That should return things to normal.
Where are the settings located?
Reviews Plus settings are located in WP Dashboard > Settings > Reviews. You can select the post types (posts, pages or any custom post type) that the reviews should be active for.
Where are the reviews located?
Reviews Plus reviews are located in a separate screen for each post type. You will find a Reviews link under each post type in the administrator menu. For Products it will be under Products > Reviews.
Bidragsytere og utviklere
“Reviews Plus” er programvare med åpen kildekode. Følgende personer har bidratt til denne utvidelsen.Bidragsytere
“Reviews Plus” har blitt oversatt til 5 språk. Takk til oversetterne for deres bidrag.
Oversett “Reviews Plus” til ditt språk.
Interessert i utvikling?
Bla gjennom koden, sjekk ut SVN-repositoriet, eller abonner på utviklingsloggen med RSS.
- Google compatibility update
- WP compatibility update
- Fix the reviews pagination on the review submission
- New icons for the rating
- Ability to change the rating color
- Ability to change the rating icon
- The rating field is now mandatory
- Better review submission validation
- Make sure that the provided rating is within the correct range
- Support for star rating added with WooCommerce reviews
- Update textdomain for some strings
- Compatibility with latest eCommerce Product Catalog
- Update settings instructions
- Compatibility with latest eCommerce Product Catalog
- Correct product name when using withoug eCommerce Product Catalog
- Fix the error when used without eCommerce Product Catalog
- Ability to enable reviews reply for anonymous users
- Ability to edit review tab labels on product pages
- Ability to disable rating
- Localisation – Dutch language improved thanks to Mirko on impleCode Translate Project
- Fix – remove unnecessary class on comments
- Fix – stop hiding not enabled post types for reviews
- Feature – ability to enable reviews on all or selected posts
- Feature – new [reviews_form] shortcode
- Tweak – ability to set additional attributes for [reviews] shortcode
- Fix – correct schema.org when used outside of products
- Fix – include only approved reviews in average calculation (thanks to @zach21uk)
- Feature – [average_rating] shortcode to show average rating for selected entries
- Fix – name and email field formatting improved
- Fix – conflict with Yoast SEO solved
- Localisation – Russian language introduced thanks to Sergey & Alt on impleCode Translate Project
- Tweak – styling improvements for smaller screens
- Localisation – Greek language introduced thanks to Mike on impleCode Translate Project
- Localisation – French language introduced thanks to Adrien on impleCode Translate Project
- Tweak – styling compatibility improvements
- Tweak – multiple stability and performance improvements
- Initial Release